What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy is a multi faceted approach to disease prevention and management. It is based on the Natural Cure Philosophy. It works focusing on prevention and uses non-toxic, natural therapies to assist your body's own self healing mechanisms. As a holistic approach to health its aim is to promote and restore health by using various natural treatment approaches that may include; naturopathic nutrition, lifestyle advice, herbal medicine, Biochemic tissue salts, Iridology, homeopathy, flower essences and hydrotherapy.
How can Naturopathy help me?
The role of the Naturopath is to recognise and remove the obstruction to the healing process. A Naturopath will;
- treat the underlying cause of illness, not just the symptoms.
- treat the whole person.
- educate the patient about the illness and about health.
- show the patient how best to take care of themselves.
- develop strategies to maintain good health.
Naturopathy can help with issues like:
- Emotional Disorders; anxiety, stress, depression, insomnia, unresolved grief and emotional imbalances, fears, low self esteem, anger management issues, panic attacks, bi polar.
- Skin conditions; eczema, psoriasis, acne, rosacea, warts, dry skin.
- Allergic conditions; hay fever, asthma.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Blood pressure issues.
- Cholesterol issues.
- Pregnancy and labour; nausea, swelling, post natal depression, miscarriage, breast feeding, mastitis, worry of labour.
- Digestive disorders; irritable bowel syndrome, bloating, gas, constipation, diarrhoea, heartburn, acid reflux, gut permeability/leaky gut, weight issues, gluten intolerances, diabetes.
- Hormonal disorders PMT, fertility issues for both male and females, menopause, Heavy periods, painful periods, absent periods, fibroids, endometriosis. Headaches & migraines.
- Musco-skeletal problems arthritis, gout, back pain, fractures, rheumatoid arthritis, sports injuries.
- Support after surgery to aid in scar tissue repair and to achieve a speedy recovery.
- Childhood issues: teething, recurrent coughs and colds, fevers, ear infections, ADHD, Autism, ADD, croup, bedwetting, tonsillitis, temper tantrums, learning difficulties, shyness, sleep issues, childhood obesity,
- To name but a few....
Naturopathy can be very effective in treating chronic long term ailments as well as acute short term conditions. Adults, children and babies can certainly benefit from using a naturopathic approach to their health. It is a safe, natural and non addictive system of healthcare.
Naturopathy can be used safely during pregnancy when conventional medicine has the potential to be contraindicated. Ailments during pregnancy can be treated with Naturopathy free from the worry of harming the baby or mother to be.
Naturopathy can be used alongside conventional medicine. On no account would you be asked to stop taking your medication whilst seeing the Bubblecuddle Naturopath.